|What is a lottery?|
A lottery scheme may be defined as any scheme which has the following three components: a prize, a chance (to win the prize); and a consideration or a fee.
|Who may qualify for a Lottery License?|
To be eligible for a lottery licence, an applicant must qualify as an eligible charitable organization or as a non-profit organization with charitable purposes or objects. Charitable refers to organizations which provide programs for:
1) The relief of poverty;
2) The advancement of education;
3) The advancement of religion;
4) Other charitable purposes beneficial to the community.
Organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year before being considered eligible for lottery licences.
The organization must have a place of business in Ontario; demonstrate that it is established to provide charitable services in Ontario and use proceeds for objects or purposes which benefit Ontario residents.
|Licences may be issued for the following events:|
New organizations applying for a lottery licence must submit the following documents so that eligibility can be determined.
1) Copy of your bylaw and constitution
2) Copy of your letters patent
3) Copy of your current year’s budget
4) Copy of your previous years financial statement
5) List of your Board of Directors
6) Charitable number for income tax purposes
7) Notification of Charitable Registration Letter for the Canada Revenue Agency
8) Detailed description of your activities
9) Copy of your annual report
Organizations ineligible for lottery licencing include, but are not limited to, the following:
It is the applicant's responsibility to submit a lottery report to the municipality following the event date. Reports must be submitted within:
Future lottery licences will not be issued if there are outstanding reports.
Please contact the Township of Lake of Bays for further inquiries at 1012 Dwight Beach Rd., Dwight, ON P0A 1H0, phone: 705-635-2272 ext. 240 or by email: email@example.com
The Township of Lake of Bays is bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Contact Us
- Corporate Mission Statement
- 2014 - 2018 Council
- Agendas and Minutes
- Appear as a Delegation
- Customer Service
- Building Department
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Corporate Services
- Fire Department
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning Department
- Public Works
- Employment Opportunities
- Lottery Licencing Information
- Public Notices
- Request for Proposals & Tenders
- Submit a Complaint